Schedule of LAFMS events Jan-Feb 2012
Line up of LAFMS-related events between now and February 2012:
- Through January 15, 2011 – “The Experimental Impulse” exhibition explores the pivotal role of experimentation in Los Angeles art by examining networks of exchange and support structures that underlie Los Angeles art at REDCAT Gallery. Featuring historical documentation by the LAFMS including photos and audio. (Part of Pacific Standard Time) (http://www.redcat.org/exhibition/experimental-impulse)
- January 20, 2012 – Free outdoor concert at the Getty Center, Los Angeles, featuring the LAFMS Shoe, comprised of many of the core members of the LAFMS, who play a series of duets that seamlessly morph from musician to musician exposing a constantly evolving palette of musical voices. Reservations required. (Part of Pacific Standard Time) (http://www.getty.edu/museum/programs/performances/kalpa.html)
- January 14, 2012 – February 25, 2012 – “Beneath the Valley of the Lowest Form of Music, 1972-2012” exhibition at The Box LA, downtown Los Angeles. Exhibition features original artwork, home made instruments, ephemera, installations, films, videos, panels, and performances during the six week run celebrating the 40 years of The Los Angeles Free Music Society. (Part of Pacific Standard Time) (http://theboxla.com)
- January 28, 2012 – free performances with line up TBD at The Box LA.
- February 11, 2012 – free performances with line up TBD at The Box LA.
- February 16, 2012 – panel discussion at The Box LA.
- January 29, 2012 – “Welcome Inn Time Machine” free event produced by The Society for the Activation of Social Space Through Art and Sound (SASSAS) will transform a motel—the Welcome Inn—into a six-hour tour through key moments in LA’s experimental music history. “Pyramid Headphones”, originally produced by the LAFMS in 1976, will be staged as one of over a dozen concurrent micro concerts held in individual motel rooms. (http://www.sassas.com)